Pay attention to the following during the session:
- Speak clearly and slightly slower than normal. Relax and control your own breath.
- If you want to keep your audience engaged, you have to be more expressive with your facial gestures, hands and voice modulation.
- Restrict body movement as much as possible. Excessive movements are disruptive to viewers.
- If you need to get up turn off your camera.
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- Avoid making noise when your microphone is open (e.g. do not type on your keyboard).
- Make sure your eyes are approximately third of the screen down. Look straight into your webcam. Raise your webcam or laptop (eg use a stack of books) so that it is at eye level and you can sit upright
- Try to achieve a similar distance from the camera as the other speakers
During the scheduled session time, as stated in the programme, all speakers and chairpersons should be present and in front of their computers, incl. headset (or microphone) and join also via webcam. The virtual conference room will be accessible 30 minutes prior to the session, allowing you some time to ask your session technician possible questions about the procedure. A technician will also be on hand during the session, should you have any difficulties.
What you will need:
- A computer
- Headset (if possible) plugged in and ready (use of a microphone is also possible)
- A webcam
- E-mail with access link from M Events
- A wired internet connection with a 5 Mbit upstream internet connection is recommended
- Use Google Chrome (most recent version)
- Zoom: The Zoom application can be used as a browser-based plug-in (on Google Chrome) or as a desktop client by downloading and installing the Zoom application on your computer. We recommend the download and installation of the Zoom application for the full functionality of Zoom.
- Use two screens or split one (wide)screen in two parts: use one for the Zoom “talking heads” and one for the M Events speaker platform.
- Choose a location with sufficient lighting but avoid direct sunlight into your webcam. We suggest you face a window so that you are lit from the front but your camera is not. Or if at night choose light which is flattering. You can also adjust the brightness of your computer screen.
- The printed version of your PPT with your notes if you need them
- Make sure you have closed all the other applications and programmes on your computer
For further information regarding the system requirements to use the Zoom application on common operating systems as well as useful recommendations for headset, microphone and webcam models, please follow the following link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux?mobile_site=true
In case you have any technical questions, feel free to contact the M-Events Support team via email@example.com.
A dedicated M Events technician will attend each session to assist the chairpersons and speakers.
With kind regards,
European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
M Events Cross Media GmbH